Cathedral Lakes quick Trip

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
mountainLight
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Cathedral Lakes quick Trip

Post by mountainLight »

Well I am trying to catch up on some trips I took this summer that i haven't posted anything about. It has been a busy summer outside of the Sierra.

Back in June I drove up to Cathedral Lakes for a long day trip from the Bay Area. My initial plan was to hit the lakes just after the road opened, but life didn't allow that. So we hit the trail in the early morning light of June and stayed at the lakes until it got dark and hiked back to the car. Long day.

Anyway, the light never really panned out like I had hoped, but I was able to capture this shot.

The fishing was actually much better than the photography. Between my friend and I we caught 6, 14+ brookies with the largest at 17, at upper Cathedral.

Thanks for looking
mountainLight
Founding Member

Post by mountainLight »

I forgot I had one more picture from the trip. It is a bw of the peak from the lower lake mid day.

I also found another copy of the first image in bw in the same folder. Anyone have a preference?

Windwalker
Founding Member

Post by Windwalker »

Nice photos!
I like both versions and think they both work very well.
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

Great captures, Mark! I like them both too, but I like the B/W version better!