Backpack repair?

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Backpack repair?

Post by ERIC »

I own a Mountainsmith pack that's in need of repair, if possible. On a recent trip, the airline/airport somehow shredded the old duffel bag I use to protect it from damage when I fly, and the result was part of the exposed suspension system snagging on something, damaging the torso adjustment straps and bending a stay. I don't think Mountainsmith will repair a pack (unless it's fairly new, and this pack is a '95). Anyone have a suggestion for a place that might repair it for me?
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by gary c. »

I think Mountainsmith would do the repair for you. Just send them a e-mail and ask. The local Sports Chalet here in Lancaster has a machine for heating and doing strap repair. They have rolls of different size strap and all sizes of clips. So I'm thinking SC may be able to help you out.
Gary C.
DJG
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by DJG »

I had some stitching come undone on an older internal frame Kelty. I took it to a local shoe & luggage repair shop and they did a fine job for cheap. They typically have the heavy duty sewing machines for that type of repair. Good luck with yours.
ERIC
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

Great advice...thank you for the feedback! :)
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix