Maverick's 2018 Annual Meet-up 7/26-7/27

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
CAMERONM
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Maverick's 2018 Annual Meet-up 7/26-7/27

Post by CAMERONM »

It looks like I will be able to attend. What a great idea to arrange a meet-up in this manner, how could I not do it?
I have a permit for two, entering McGee on the 24th. I have no idea at what time I would actually start, but a notion to make it to little McGee that day, climb Red Slate and possibly Red and White the following day, and make it to Grinnell the 26th and that night. After that, depending on what my work obligations demand, I will either check out Hopkins and Pioneer on the way out through Mono Pass or Pine Creek, or head south, resupply at MTR, go through the Ionian Basin, and exit Bishop Pass or Taboose. I would like to leave my car in Bishop and pick up a ride with someone to the TH, and will have that one extra free spot on the permit for whomever might need it that day. I will know a lot more about my schedule mid-July, but it remains that I will be able to share the entry permit with someone.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

It looks like I will be able to attend.
:thumbsup: :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
oleander
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by oleander »

Just confirming that I'm still in :) Coming in Pine Creek, arriving at Grinnell by Thurs afternoon.

- Elizabeth
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

oleander wrote:Just confirming that I'm still in :) Coming in Pine Creek, arriving at Grinnell by Thurs afternoon.

- Elizabeth
Can I follow you?
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
Ashery
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by Ashery »

Jimr wrote:
oleander wrote:Just confirming that I'm still in :) Coming in Pine Creek, arriving at Grinnell by Thurs afternoon.

- Elizabeth
Can I follow you?
We'd be more surprised if you weren't, :p

I'm almost certain I'll be there, though I've yet to figure out what route I'll take/permit I'd need.
richlong8
Topix Expert

Post by richlong8 »

Just to confirm, I will definitely be there, via Mono Pass, with a visit to Upper Mills Creek Lake before arriving at the Meetup.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

I will not be able to attend the Meet-up, my wife had a surgical procedure scheduled for this Thursday, Kaiser called this morning to rescheduled for next Thursday, or to late August, which is definitely not an option. :crybaby: :mad:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
AlmostThere
Topix Addict

Post by AlmostThere »

I too have had a reversal of fortune - and kthorpe and I had already gone up to Edison with the trail crew, as well, hiked many of the trails in the area. She is off on a nine day Sequoia-Kings hike into the far reaches of the parks as well.
Gazelle
Topix Expert

Post by Gazelle »

So me, a friend, Hobbes, flamingo, oleander,rocky road, Jimr, Goast, richlong8, bluewater, and friend, sirbc, Ashely? I am starting this Saturday morning. Hobbes you got your in reach?
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein
CAMERONM
Topix Expert

Post by CAMERONM »

Me too. I have an inreach, leaving car and meeting Hobbes in Bishop around 2 on the 24th, entry at McGee a few hours later. I have two places reserved on my permit, so if someone needs one they can join me. I'll climb Red Slate on the 25th, and either climb bag another and possibly arrive the 25th, but for sure by the 26th.