Lost Sleeping Pad - help!

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
astrogerly
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Lost Sleeping Pad - help!

Post by astrogerly »

Hey guys! Posting on behalf of my husband, Dmasten. We just got back from Muriel Lake (camped 6/29), revisiting our wedding site and had lots of company - skeeters galore. He can't find his sleeping pad in his backpack, and he thinks it might still be where we camped at Muriel (near the outlet next to a giant boulder - photo attached). He thinks when he was taking stuff out of the tent it might have rolled off and he didn't catch it when packing. :( It's a Therm-a-rest NeoAir Xtherm and is in a dark gray sack (the one that it came with). He's pretty bummed right now - since we have to go massively light weight due to my back/weight restrictions. If any of you come across it, or hear of anyone finding one, can you point them to myself or Dmasten? Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bluefintu
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Lost Sleeping Pad - help!

Post by bluefintu »

I was just there Saturday, Sunday and Today and I did not see it, but, my friend did find something else in the same area that has some value and I'd like to return it. Is there a "Lost and Find" site?
astrogerly
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Lost Sleeping Pad - help!

Post by astrogerly »

@bluefintu - Bummer about not seeing our sleeping pad. Thanks for posting about not seeing it though. I'm still kinda shocked my husband didn't notice it missing while re-packing his pack... and that neither of us saw it when we turned while hiking out to do a quick check. I guess the dark gray little sack it packs down into just blended in too much. :(

Not sure about a lost and found section of the site... that's why I posed in the campfire section. I wasn't sure where to post my dilemma.