Install Topix on your website! (RSS feeds too)

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

Hey Jody,

Have you made any changes to your website recently? I'm wondering if when you make a change to a certain page, you then update all site files, including an old version of that particular page stored by Tripod or on your computer somewhere. Other than the possibility of this being all Tripod's fault, this is the only other thing I can think of that might be happening. Either way, did you receive my email with instructions for how to fix it yourself when/if this continues to happen? It's really pretty simple. The email would have been dated sometime around July 17, and lists detailed instructions.
:nod:
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
mountaineer
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by mountaineer »

Eric, I have made changes but am not sure if the page changed before or since. Would it be helpful if I completely deleted the page and then started from scratch?

By the way, I received an e-mail from you on the 17th with a screenshot of how the page should look but no instructions on how to change it.
ERIC
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

Whoops... Sorry about that. Could have sworn I included instructions. :retard:

Here they are:

- Click on File Manager tab
- On the drop-down menu with default "upload via", select "single files".
- For "File 1" box, click the browse button and locate the "id36.html" file (the one you called a "screenshot" that I sent in that email. This is the file that needs to be uploaded.
- Checkmark " Allow overwrite**" and click the upload button at the bottom of the page.

That's it. :cool:

Yeah, it wouldn't hurt to start from scratch by deleting the old page before following the above directions. Not sure if that's going to make any difference, or not. But it's worth a shot.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix