Looking for partner(s) in July

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
sparky
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Looking for partner(s) in July

Post by sparky »

Looking to get out sometime in July with the exception of the weekend of July 27,28 from anywhere between 4-7 days.

Willing to tag along with a trip you have planned, or you could join me on one of the many I have planned

Experienced with cross country route finding and passes.

Completely self contained: Have been hiking solo almost exclusively for 10 years (or more?)

Willing to lead 1 or 2 people that is looking to gain some cross country experience

I am a bit of a curmudgeon so you be one too or able to deal with it :lol:

Shoot me a PM if interested.
rlown
Topix Docent

Re: Looking for partner(s) in July

Post by rlown »

What are your planned trips?
sparky
Topix Fanatic

Re: Looking for partner(s) in July

Post by sparky »

Three routes I have been looking at for this summer:
Onion Valley->Upper Kern->Onion Valley(or Shepards Pass)
Bishop Pass->Barrett Lakes->Palisade Lakes->Bishop Pass(or Taboose Pass)
Onion Valley->Whitney Portal(or Horseshoe Meadow)
But again I am not really concerned as long as its in the high country....its hard to get it wrong.

To be quite candid, and at the risk of sounding silly and paranoid, the recent mountain lion attack has me a little on edge. Ive had some past....experiences?
Hoping to nab a partner. But obviously if I cant find anyone I will still go out to visit the Sierra.