Mt. Agassiz day trip photos

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
CSF
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Mt. Agassiz day trip photos

Post by CSF »

Last saturday I did a day hike to the summit of Agassiz with some friends from work. It was my first time going to the Bishop Pass area and definitely won't be the last!! :) We didn't get to the summit until 1pm, and luckily we didn't have any lightening in the small storm cells which whized around us. As we stood up there it was raining down in the canyon in front of Humphreys and just south of the Palisades.

What a pile or rocks that mountain is!! My thighs are still hammered! Here's a link to the trip photos:
Agassiz

Had a great time and may go back to Treasure Lakes this Saturday. Hope you enjoy.
Last edited by CSF on Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
fyton2v
Topix Acquainted

Post by fyton2v »

Really great photos. Thanks for posting.
CSF
Topix Acquainted

Post by CSF »

Thanks fyton2v!
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Love that peak! I'll be taking SnowDude on Agassiz when he can get out. Thanks for the photos!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
burtonfm
Topix Acquainted

Post by burtonfm »

Last Saturday, my friend and I were hiking out over Bishop Pass after climbing Mt Sill. We were at the pass at around noon and kept hearing voices from Agassiz. We sat there mulling over a quick climb, but decided we had enough rock the day before on Sill, and left Agassiz for another day. At least now I know who it was I heard up there.