The time has come...

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
Randonnee
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

The time has come...

Post by Randonnee »

To let you all know that I am moving on to explore other mountains. :eek:

My employer says I must leave our beautiful Sierra Nevada. :crybaby:

My position will be located in the Denver area, a majority of my free time will be spent becoming reaquainted with the Rockies. These are the mountains where I learned my mountaineering skills so there is some feeling of returning to a former home. However the Sierra has become my home and it will be missed. :(

I am not going to say good-bye as I plan to check in with my friends here on Topix from time to time, and return to the High Sierra when time permits.

Thank you all for sharing good times and happy trails with me :D
"The distinguishing mark of true adventures, is that it is often no fun at all while they are actually happening." ? Kim Stanley Robinson
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

Definitely keep checking in! Have a safe trip... :nod:
Shawn
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Shawn »

Good luck in Denver - must be a great job to move away.... ;)

Keep in touch!
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Harry,

You’ll be going to another nice area. Mooses (used to post here) left for CO and has been on some cool trips. He sends trip links once in awhile. It was nice seeing you in the Sierra, and I‘m sure we’ll see you around. Or maybe we’ll look you up if we go your way. I haven’t climbed any mountains in the area. But I climbed something at A-Basin and snowboarded down. Good luck with your new job, and hiking/skiing in CO!

Let us know how it is there!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator

Post by copeg »

Harry, good luck in Denver! You've got a lot of terrain to explore over there in the Rockies. You must check out a mountain range I hear a lot about and supposedly very similar to the Sierra - the Wind River Range in Wyoming - a place I've been dying to visit for years (I'm guessing this isn't too far from Denver ;) ). You be sure to report back to us here and there.

As snowy mentioned, Mooses now live in Colorado. I think EricJLee Also relocated to there as well.
Randonnee
Founding Member

Post by Randonnee »

Thanks for the support!

Mike -- I am looking forward to the day I return to make a trip with you. There is spring I would like to find :D

Shawn -- I'm not sure I would call my job great, but I have been analyzing rockets for so long I can't do anything else. :crybaby:

Cori -- What can I say, it has been great. Let me know when you are coming my way and we will plan something. :)

trailblazer -- The WRR is a fair distance from Denver, but I do agree with you I would love to spend some time there. :cool:

Mooses and EricJ -- If you are out there let me know, I will be looking for partners in crime. :evil:

Harry
"The distinguishing mark of true adventures, is that it is often no fun at all while they are actually happening." ? Kim Stanley Robinson
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

Hey, more connections in Colorado. I have a brother and sis-in-law, nephew and his recently expanded family. Nephew is in the Denver area, my brother recently from Denver. They do stuff on 4 wheels not 2 feet.

Enjoy the mountains, on my list to go to someday.
Piece of cake.
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator

Post by giantbrookie »

Best wishes in Colorado. Thanks for contributing to the board here. I am glad you weren't transferred to a flatland area--that would have really been a bummer.

Cheers,

John
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

Hey, there's always the "Beyond the High Sierra" forum! Keep us posted, and good luck!
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix