McGee Creek, Mt Emerson and Mt Gould

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Thought about you up there, Ridgeline. Or at least your entries to your granddaughter. I'll let you know next time. Sooz, you could do it. Trust me. :nod:
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ridgeline
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by ridgeline »

Just went through the photos again, great way to start the day! Love the Emerson summit block.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Emerson summit was very cool! Looking forward to doing it again. Have fun on Abbott! Be careful, my leg almost got pinned when a car size rock slid down. I jumped up and it missed.

Last photo album . . . I'm caught up! :D

Friday, 13 July 2007
Inyo Complex Fire damage, and McGee Creek dayhike to find my lost Teva

PHOTOS: http://snownymph.smugmug.com/gallery/3163863#174970612

I lost my lightweight Teva while hiking out July 4th. Since I didn't bring any other shoes for the rest of the week, I bought a pair of Chaco's, which are pretty heavy (but they had my size). Since I had a free day to hike, I looked for it. I was distracted earlier in the day by the Inyo Complex fire damage, and got a late start. I ignored my turnaround time because ''maybe it fell off when . . . .'' and kept going. I think its probably near camp at the west end of Big McGee Lake.

so if anyone finds a womens size 5 Teva in the next few weeks, please contact me. I'm guessing its at the west side of the lake between the rock outcrop where we camped, and the trail to McGee Pass.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
madeintahoe
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by madeintahoe »

More beautiful pictures! Thank you both for posting them. Cori sorry you did not find your teva..maybe someone will find it and return it still :)
Tom thats an awesome picture!
Congratulations everyone on Mount Emerson :nod: