I hate Community Webshots

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
quentinc
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

I hate Community Webshots

Post by quentinc »

OK, I tried to upload pictures of my recent Mt. Williamson trip, and managed to create an album on Community Webshots. Only, there appears to be no way to add captions to any of the photos. Instead they are identified by file numbers. Pretty damend useless! Anyone know how to insert captions?
Trailtrekker06
Topix Regular

Post by Trailtrekker06 »

Q- Webshots definately frustrating at times. If you have Webshoits desktop, I edit from there. Let me look at the regular page and I'll see how to do it from the "new , improved" (NOT) webshots and I'll get back to you...
quentinc
Topix Expert

Post by quentinc »

Thanks Trail Trekker. I don't have a premium membership, which may be the problem (I'm too cheap and I have so few pictures to post anyway!). I also just tried signing up with Flickr, and the best I can tell, you can only upload one photo at a time, which would be prohibitively tedious. Sorry -- technologically handicapped! :retard:
Trailtrekker06
Topix Regular

Post by Trailtrekker06 »

Okay, just click on the picture you want to caption, then to the right, there is an edit "pencil" , click it and it opens the caption space, type your caption. Make sense?
quentinc
Topix Expert

Post by quentinc »

Thanks, it works. I was trying to click on the edit pencil just starting from the album itself. I didn't realize you had to open each individual picture first. Told you -- technologically challenged!
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

quentinc wrote:Thanks Trail Trekker. I don't have a premium membership, which may be the problem (I'm too cheap and I have so few pictures to post anyway!). I also just tried signing up with Flickr, and the best I can tell, you can only upload one photo at a time, which would be prohibitively tedious. Sorry -- technologically handicapped! :retard:
Using Flickr, you can upload 6 at a time using the web-based form or download "Flickr Uploadr" and upload as many as you want.