Current Fires between Lone Pine & Big Pine

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
CSF
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Current Fires between Lone Pine & Big Pine

Post by CSF »

I thought I might pass this along incase anyone was planning a trip this way.

We had some lightning caused fires yesterday between Lone Pine and Big Pine. Here's a link about it.

fire info

It's extremely dry out here folks, please be careful!
SteveB
Founding Member

Post by SteveB »

Just read about that! Let's hope the firefighters can stamp these out quickly before it mars too much of the beautiful Eastern Sierra landscape!
KathyW

Post by KathyW »

Sometimes fires need to happen, but let's hope nobody gets hurt in the process.
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

Whatever they did to knock out those fires, I'm saying thankyou thankyou!

I backpacked into a remote Kern basin area of Sequoia NP Friday when those T-storms were active and then the next day noticed lots of smoke and haze mainly to the east. After climbing 7000+ feet to get into the special area I intended to photograph, I was distressed with thoughts all my effort lugging a huge weight was once again going to be for naught due to smoke. But the next morning winds changed from southeast to northwest and skies cleared nicely. That afternoon and the next were just beautiful clear blue skies with a few pm clouds that allowed me to work under fine conditions. ...David