Yosemite High Passes Loop Photos

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
calipidder
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Yosemite High Passes Loop Photos

Post by calipidder »

I spent the earlier half of this holiday week in southern Yosemite on the High Passes Loop as accessed from the Quartz Mtn trailhead (sierra NF). It was a great hike - not many people were out there, the views were spectacular (I couldn't get enough of the banner/ritter/minarets views!) but the skeeters were just terrible. Hopefully they die out before my two weeks on the JMT in August...

Photos/trip report here: http://www.calipidder.com
TehipiteTom
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by TehipiteTom »

Great pics, excellent report. That loop is one of the very few on-trail trips I'm really tempted to do.
oldranger
Topix Addict

Nice Trip

Post by oldranger »

Thanks for the update and photos. Will be doing almost the same trip in a little more liesurely fashion in two weeks with a couple of off trail days and some serious , no that's not the right word, fishing. The magazine articles almost made me not do this trip.

The jeffery shooting stars are a dead give away that the mosquitos will be around. Hope the skeeters thin out before our arrival.

Mike
oldranger
Topix Addict

Nice Trip

Post by oldranger »

Thanks for the update and photos. Will be doing almost the same trip in a little more liesurely fashion in two weeks with a couple of off trail days and some serious , no that's not the right word, fishing. The magazine articles almost made me not do this trip.

The jeffery shooting stars are a dead give away that the mosquitos will be around. Hope the skeeters thin out before our arrival.

Mike
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

whoops!