Christmas in the Sierra...

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
SteveB
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Christmas in the Sierra...

Post by SteveB »

OK, whether you "do" Christmas or not, what are you doing for Xmas?

Me, I'm planning to do a couple nights in the eastern Sierra area, somewhere between Bridgeport and Mammoth. Don't know where, don't have any fixed plans, and just plan to drive down the highway with a full cooler, warm clothes, and a couple loaded cameras! Maybe hit the lakes by Bridgeport, maybe pitch my tent at Convict Lake, dunno... :)

You?
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Leaving for Mammoth tomorrow sometime after work . . . 5:45pm appt with my chiropractor . . . then dinner with my son and sister. Snowboarding and hiking thru Jan 2nd. Gotta finish packing! :D
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wingding

Post by wingding »

Have fun in the snow - I'll be home for Christmas, but I'm heading to the desert for New Year's. It looks like Spirit Mountain near Henderson Nevada and Fountain/Edgar in Mojave are on the agenda for that weekend.
Randonnee
Founding Member

Post by Randonnee »

I am ging to visit my dad in Florida for Christmas, then I will spend a few days in the Sierra before the holiday week is over.

I won a gift certificate at Tahoe Daves Snowboard and Ski shop in Tahoe City so some of my Sierra days will be spent up there with one day working hard to find something to buy :) I hope to get a couple of days on the snow at Northstar or Sugar Bowl. Just maybe a day at Mammoth or June on the way back south.

Merry Christmas to everyone!!! Have a safe and fun holiday!
"The distinguishing mark of true adventures, is that it is often no fun at all while they are actually happening." ? Kim Stanley Robinson
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator

Post by copeg »

Mexico. Back for New Years then maybe a trip up to the snow the beginning of the new year.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

Los Osos, CA.
My family owns a vacation house over there.

Tahoe between the 26th and 29th (I hope).
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

Staying home...getting harder to get around. :( With any luck, maybe a day trip to Yosemite on Monday.
SteveB
Founding Member

Post by SteveB »

admin wrote:Los Osos, CA.
My family owns a vacation house over there.

Tahoe between the 26th and 29th (I hope).
Hey, my old stomping grounds! :p I lived in AG for years and years before moving here to Reno! Love the SLO area! If there was work there I might (MIGHT) move back!
JM21760
Topix Regular
Location: Carson City, NV. Former Tahoe South Shore, 25 years.

Post by JM21760 »

I'll be at home, watching the snow melt off the east side of the Carson Range. No money.
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

Packing my gear for Winterfest over New Years, cut some wood to size for the stove at Winterfest, then back to Carson City to spend Christmas evening with my mom.