Sorel Thermoplus boot insert

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Sorel Thermoplus boot insert

Post by hikerduane »

Love them. On our winter camp trip this weekend, I used them for the first time. I wore my Smartwool socks with them and had no sweaty, cold, hot or sore feet after matching them with my Atlas 1025 snowshoes. We snowshoed in around 2 miles. That night, after standing around for 3 hours I would say, my feet started getting a little cold, but it was better than I have had in the past from plain felt with a heat reflecting insole which doesn't seem to work very well. In the 25 degree temps we were in, my feet would have been icicles long before. Even after wearing them all day on the hike out, shoveling our vehicles out of the show, my feet were still warm and dry. I live in the mountains, so the Sorels, original pair from 20 years back I would say, are normal gear for me in the winter. The Sorel Thermoplus inserts/liners were $24.95.
JM21760
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A
Location: Carson City, NV. Former Tahoe South Shore, 25 years.

Post by JM21760 »

Where did you get those liners HD? I had my Sorels on for the first time yesterday for snowblowing.
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by hikerduane »

In Gotchys by Gottschalks in CC of course. They may be limited in the range of sizes they have.