Desert Creek Pk fail 5-28-17

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
cefire
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Desert Creek Pk fail 5-28-17

Post by cefire »

Although we had several 'successful' summits this weekend, we failed to get to one of our targets, Desert Creek Peak. We camped right before the first river....errr creek...crossing, but man the river is raging.

The actual riverbed is quite narrow so we hiked along the eastern bank for 2 miles or so, trying to find a downed tree or heavy overarching branches. No such luck! After this excursion, we didn't feel like driving around to the "very brushy" Southern route described by Yamagata and others. Maybe next time ;)
Gazelle
Topix Expert

Re: Desert Creek Pk fail 5-28-17

Post by Gazelle »

crappy peak anyway but part of OGUL so I did it worst peak of the list IMHO!
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein
Gazelle
Topix Expert

Post by Gazelle »

How many more OGULs you got to do?
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein
cefire
Topix Regular

Post by cefire »

Yep, I don't think I'd visit Desert Creek otherwise - I'm a slave to the 'list' :)

I'm at 51 right now, hoping to finish up this summer in case we move away!