Shredding 30 year old Tahoe pow

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.
TahoeJeff
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Shredding 30 year old Tahoe pow

Post by TahoeJeff »

I had some old negatives that I finally got scanned. The pics are from the winter of 84/85. My board is the Burton Performer that had no base, nor edges, but 3 metal fins on the tail.
Enjoy the OLD school goodness:

"A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both."

Milton Friedman
Fly Guy Dave
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Shredding 30 year old Tahoe pow

Post by Fly Guy Dave »

Man, brings back some memories! I had the same board myself back then and we used to ride at Boreal and Donner Ski Ranch. We had to pass a test from the ski patrol to show that we knew how to control our boards before we could buy a lift ticket. We never liked the low back bindings and then I think it was in the winter of 1986, we met a guy selling high backed bindings out of the trunk of his car. After we bought a couple of pairs, we chatted with him and he turned out to be Jake Burton. Cool guy.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --The Dude (Jeff Lebowski)

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Shredding 30 year old Tahoe pow

Post by ERIC »

Rad! :cool:
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix