Reflecting on Grass Lake

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
CSF
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Reflecting on Grass Lake

Post by CSF »

Hi folks! It's been quite some time since I last posted here. My wife and I moved up to Bishop last fall and have been enjoying it ever since.

Anyhow, we went up to Grass Lake last sunday for a quick late afternoon hike. We were treated to light rain with some light hail and heavy rain mixed in for fun. It was a great afternoon! We really liked Grass lake and were quite taken by these reflections. Here's a couple different versions of the same image. Let me know which you prefer. Thanks!!

EDIT: Grass Lake is just above North Lake which is in the Bishop Creek Canyon area above Aspendale.

Version 1:

Version 2:
Last edited by CSF on Thu May 24, 2007 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

There both great captures, but I kind of like the second a bit better. The trees give it more deplth. Well done! :cool:
SierraVisions
Founding Member

Post by SierraVisions »

Welcome to Bishop Cory!!
Isn't Grass Lake cool? I haven't been up there in years. I was fishing up at North Lake last week and was thinking that a hike to Grass Lake sounded like a good first hike of the year for an out of shape boy. Grass Lake is filled with a million little Brookies. I think you can catch them with a bare hook there are so many.

Maybe we can get together and do some hiking or fishing this summer.
Steven
CSF
Topix Acquainted

Post by CSF »

Thanks Steven! Yep, we like Grass Lake. It really struck a chord with us. I had gone up to lower Lamark lake the previous weekend alone and really enjoyed the views down on North Lake and Grass Lake. Lamark was still frozen over to my surprise.
I'm up for some hiking just about anytime. I haven't fished the sierra since I was 13! So many things to do up here but so little time!! Contact me off line.

Thanks for the comments Mike!!
Windwalker
Founding Member

Post by Windwalker »

Nice Cory...I like both for different reasons.
I did the loop from South Lake to North Lake via Lamark Col a few years ago.....that's some purdy country!

I want to live in Bishop :crybaby:
CSF
Topix Acquainted

Post by CSF »

Thanks Michael. It is some great country back there. The short little hike to Lamark Lake kicked my out-of-shape butt!!

You're not in so bad of a place. You've got KCNP right in your backyard too.
I sent you an email via your website a few days ago. Did you receive it?
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Beautiful shots Cory. I'm more partial to the second one. Had to topozone grass lake to see where it is on the map :)
CSF
Topix Acquainted

Post by CSF »

Thanks Trailblazer! Sorry, I forgot to mention where it is. I just edited the post and mentioned where it is.
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

The south shore of Grass Lake can have nice areas of dense magenta-hued Lemmon's paintbrush usually blooming sometime July with rusty Piute Crags for a backdrop. ...David
mountaincat
Topix Novice

Post by mountaincat »

Very pretty reflections. I like the second pic with entire trees, or if you take the first pic, remove the trees and leave just the long reflections....(my computer screen sort of did that as I scrolled down and I like the effect). Nice lake. Bet there will be lots of mosquitoes soon!
Nature beckons, and I must answer

http://sierra-nevada-ramblings.blogspot.com/