Tablelands Pass

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Ska-T
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Tablelands Pass

Post by Ska-T »

Just curious, what route have you've taken when hiking Tablelands Pass from the east, that is, from the outlet of Big Bird Lake?

On one trail runner's blog he shows his route as approximately the blue line.
Tableland Pass.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sekihiker
Founding Member

Re: Tablelands Pass

Post by sekihiker »

I followed the red line in 1988. I was with a big group, some of whom were beginners, so it wasn't a big deal.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Both, but the blue is quicker and I like to see the lake from the north, with the cliffs as a backdrop. :nod:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Experience: N/A

Post by giantbrookie »

I haven't tried the red route, but I've done the blue route twice and it was quite easy.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ska-T
Topix Regular

Post by Ska-T »

Thanks guys!! Just the information I was looking for. By the way, after I submitted this thread I saw some other guy's tracks where he took a route that is between the green and red lines. Seems like all the routes go and it is a question of perspective and time.