Tableland Traverse 9/24-25

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
seanr
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Tableland Traverse 9/24-25

Post by seanr »

Nine of us took part in all or part of a scenic overnight trip visiting Panther, Alta, Big Bird, Silliman, and more, with camp at the tarn north of Table Meadow. Views did not disappoint! A swim in Silliman Lake made for a refreshing end to the trip. Full story album here:
https://goo.gl/photos/nC3St3nPiU2NxTEP7

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Re: Tableland Traverse 9/24-25

Post by Jimr »

Very cool Sean, we were at Moose lake on the 24th and 25th. Just beyond the S/O the sandy shore area. I was looking for our tent in your photo, but couldn't see it.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
seanr
Topix Regular

Post by seanr »

Jimr wrote:Very cool Sean, we were at Moose lake on the 24th and 25th. Just beyond the S/O the sandy shore area. I was looking for our tent in your photo, but couldn't see it.
Jim, Moose Lake looks like an amazing spot to camp! Looks like we were passing by around 1:30pm, so maybe you hadn't set up camp yet. Either that, or my choice of camera makes it hard to spot y'all along that huge shoreline. One of a handful of photos I have for those reading along:

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

Yeah, we didn't get there until later in the afternoon on the 24th. It was an amazing place to camp. We did a lazy day on 25th and went to the high spot around the outlet for lunch and spent hours identifying peaks with map/compass, then walked around the lake. The place was crawling with Coyotes. It was really cool. Late, late Sunday night, the whole place erupted in howling and barking. There were fresh tracks all over the sandy shores.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
zacjust32
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by zacjust32 »

Nice length trip for an easy overnighter. Some of my favorite country and lots to do. Great pics of all the climbing you did!