TR: Rae Lakes, 7/30 - 8/3/16

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
bandguy5686
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Re: TR: Rae Lakes, 7/30 - 8/3/16

Post by bandguy5686 »

Cool trip...did a version of this last year and got snowed on!! Enjoyed the photos-Beer me!!
Bkoenig
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Post by Bkoenig »

Well, whatever the numbers are, we will also go by how we feel. Being later in the season things will look a bit different up close, but that grandeur is a constant. MRogers thanks again! SSSDAVE, thanks for the info on gps use. My husband's gps and my Earthmate and Alpine Quest apps never seem to agree. I now have a better understanding of why.
MRrogers
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Video of Rae Lakes Backpacking trip, 7/30 - 8/3/16

Post by MRrogers »

All, I previously posted a trip report of my backpacking trip to the Rae Lakes area from August 2016 and now I am posting a link to a video I made of the trip. Hope you all find it to be enjoyable to watch and don't forget to crank up the volume.

https://youtu.be/rh1kculRdzU
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Video of Rae Lakes Backpacking trip, 7/30 - 8/3/16

Post by maverick »

Cool video thanks for sharing. :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
MRrogers
Topix Acquainted

Post by MRrogers »

Maverick, I posted my topic on the backpacking section but it does not seem to show up. Can you help me? Where did you find my posting on HST?
Shhsgirl
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Shhsgirl »

I love to read about and see photos of places I've been. I like to see how different things look through another lens. Since I can't go back to all of my favorite places, I like to see TR's about them. Thanks for a good one.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

MRrogers wrote:Maverick, I posted my topic on the backpacking section but it does not seem to show up. Can you help me? Where did you find my posting on HST?
I merged your old thread with the new one as it was a continuation of the same report. Scroll up/click on the previous or page 1 links to find the original TR. :thumbsup:
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
MRrogers
Topix Acquainted

Post by MRrogers »

Maverick, ok but for me seems too hard to find my new posting and it would be better as a stand alone posting.
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

Sorry, this is the basic format of this site (and for that matter all other forum sites like it). Alternatively, from your profile you can bring up all posts you've made from your account. :)
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

One of the most beautiful areas in the Sierra. I went there three times but never saw the lake (s) in the middle. I did you trip on two with Mike (age 7 & 11). We came in from kearsarge and exited over baxter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.