REALLY strange trip - Part 1

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Re: REALLY strange trip - Part 1

Post by Wandering Daisy »

Everyone has a different "style" of backpacking. Even when I was doing major technical alpine climbing, I stayed conservative. Few of my trips were ever "epic" in the sense of the one Cross Country is telling. I started climbing in the mid-1960's with old climbers who really impressed me with the notion that if I did not do "stupid" things there was no reason I could not be climbing at age 80. Now that I am 67, no past injuries, I am still going strong and thankful I can still do this.I have no regrets of having no similar epics to tell everyone. Other's epics are enjoyable to read; do not have to go there myself! I opt for "longevity" of backpacking; not epics. I plan on backpacking until I am at least 80 if not older!

Nevertheless, Cross Country, I am amazed at your "creativity" in those situations you got your self into.
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Cross Country »

I have almost all negative thoughts about my creativity because my boneheadednes is what necessitated my "creativity". The large majority of all of your comments have been really positive and I thank everyone of you. I actually wrote this because dispite what a bonehead I was I do believe it to be interesting.
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Cross Country »

This is in response to "was it a good adventure".I don't know that this adventue was "good", but it was a really serious adventue.