Just returned from Ediza/Garnet/1000 island

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Jason98165
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Just returned from Ediza/Garnet/1000 island

Post by Jason98165 »

Day one was First Time in the area. I drove up to Agnew meadows from San Diego with one friend, and met two friends from San Francisco. Hit the trail around 1 PM and made it past Shadowlake before we decided to camp. The hike is not bad, we were consistently talking about how much easier it is the mineral King our preferred spot.

Day two was the trek to Ediza, once again not bad. Ediza was beautiful but crowded. That will probably be my only trip there. Crowded, off the loop, and no campfires means I will not be back. Fishing wasn't too bad.

Day 3 Layover day

Day four hike to Garnet lake. Perfect timing put us in the middle of the snow storm. An experience I'm happy about. I'm glad it only lasted a couple hours. Next snow storm I will be much more prepared. Garnet was overcrowded and loud like Ediza. Good fishing but will still pass next time for similar reasons as Ediza.

Day five hike to 1000 island. Now that spot I will be back. Very beautiful lake backdrop plenty a room for solitude and worth every step to get there. Had an incredible time exploring the lake and absorbing its beauty.

Day 6 layover just amazed by 1000 island. We had a near full moon and perfect weather.

Day seven hike to Agnew Meadows trailhead and drove home. I can't figure out how to post pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Just returned from Ediza/Garnet/1000 island

Post by maverick »

Please read for posting pictures: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=103
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

It bugged me that the pic wouldn't rotate when I grabbed the image. So, I played with it and all I had to do on Win10 is open it in Paint, and resave it as a jpg. It was originally a jpeg file. Not sure why, but that process worked. No rotate necessary after renaming.
image.jpg
I have no idea why it has to be scrolled..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
whrdafamI?
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by whrdafamI? »

Thanks for fixing the picture Russ! I was more annoyed by the comment about campfires.
Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it!

Get busy living or get busy dying.
windknot
Topix Fanatic

Post by windknot »

Thanks for the report!