Shuttle at Devils postpile

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
overheadx2
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Shuttle at Devils postpile

Post by overheadx2 »

I'm headed to DP this weekend and had a few ?'s. I read that the DP shuttle stopped after Labor Day. Does this mean you can drive down any time? I was planning on shuttling between Agnew M and DP for a short week end loop stopping at Altha lake and Mineret Lake. Any suggestions of which service in town would help me drop off the car at DP and take me back to A. M.?
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Shuttle at Devils postpile

Post by maverick »

I read that the DP shuttle stopped after Labor Day. Does this mean you can drive down any time?

Yes
Any suggestions of which service in town would help me drop off the car at DP and take me back to A. M.?
Ask Markskor, he may be able to help. Uber is also available in Mammoth, there is also taxi and shuttle services available, though these shuttle services are expensive.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
markskor
Founding Member - RIP

Post by markskor »

If needed...maybe $25 for the shuttle?
Mountainman who swims with trout
overheadx2
Topix Expert

Post by overheadx2 »

Mark, I don't have a problem with calling a taxi service or uber, I was just curious if there was a service that was reliable around town that you would recommend. That said, if you wanted to make a quick $40, Id love to meet up with you for a couple of minutes and do the shuttle. We will be at devils postpile around 7:30 AM on friday.
overheadx2
Topix Expert

Post by overheadx2 »

I am looking into uber and Lyft services in the mammoth and Crowley areas. I am being told that there are no services in the area. Does anyone know if mammoth in fact does not have those services? That seems odd that they wouldn't.
markskor
Founding Member - RIP

Post by markskor »

Drop me a PM...$40 seems a fair deal... (cheaper than) Mammoth Cab - 760 934-8294 or Mammoth Transportation Services 760 709-6459...even though 7:30 AM a bit early...but OK.
How many people?
Mark
Mountainman who swims with trout
Sierrashuttle
Topix Newbie

Post by Sierrashuttle »

Call Sierra Shuttle Service at 760-914-2746.
Town to Reds Meadows is only $35 for 1person
overheadx2
Topix Expert

Post by overheadx2 »

Wow, ONLY $35 for one person and $60 something for 4 with a 20% gratuity seems like a lot to go 10 miles. We ended up renting a car for the 4 days (used it for 2) and it was still way cheaper. I had no idea shuttle services in mammoth were so expensive. I'm sure there is a reason for the extreme pricing, but with prices like that Uber is just around the corner.