TR: XST 2016 ~ Cross Country Sierra Traverse

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Bluewater
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: XST 2016 ~ Cross Country Sierra Traverse

Post by Bluewater »

notis wrote:Great to finally see your post, Andy! Absolutely stunning photos. Congrats on finishing and it was awesome meeting you on the trail!

- Nick, Frances, and Hazel
Thanks notis! It was great to meet you, Frances and Hazel in the backcountry this summer. I hope you had a good trip and I'm looking forward to reading about it (and seeing your photos from your trip). Did you get over Feather and into Bear Lakes Basin?
notis
Topix Regular

Post by notis »

Yeah I'm hoping to finally put our recent trip reports up! And yeah, we went into Royce Basin. The boulder hopping in that basin beat Hazel's paws up pretty good, but it was beautiful. So pristine. Thanks for the extended blog post--learned a bit from it and from your website too. Glad to see you got over Snow Tongue Pass safely. We were wondering how the remainder of your trip went!
kpeter
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by kpeter »

Wonderful report, great pictures, it is always fun to vicariously live other people's adventures, except this time I felt privileged to have met you it midst of it!
Bluewater
Topix Expert

Post by Bluewater »

notis wrote:Glad to see you got over Snow Tongue Pass safely. We were wondering how the remainder of your trip went!
Me too! STP was a little sketchy, I was glad to make it over safe and sound :eek:
Bluewater
Topix Expert

Post by Bluewater »

kpeter wrote:Wonderful report, great pictures, it is always fun to vicariously live other people's adventures, except this time I felt privileged to have met you it midst of it!
Thanks Ken! It was good to meet you and I really enjoyed getting to relax around the HST meetup 'camp fire' together.