Toejam Lake

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
juscro
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Toejam Lake

Post by juscro »

Did a two nighter to Emigrant last Friday. Great to be able to drive 3.5 +/- to the trailhead from the bay area (left around 1 pm). As always the rangers at Summit Ranger Station were super pleasant and we got our permit in about 5 minutes.

Didn't get on the trail until 4 pm from Gianelli Cabin so stayed the night at Powell Lake. Mosquitos were present but didn't seem too aggressive. My friends border collie/lab mix loved the lake
IMG_1077(1).JPG
Hiked to Toejam lake. Great swimming. Did not bring my fishing gear but there were medium size brookies cruising the shelf along the shore. Two other groups showed up but the layout of the lake was nice and we didn't really see other folks unless they were at the shore swimming or getting water.
IMG_1104.JPG
Lots of wildflowers.

Cheers
Justin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
justm
Topix Regular

Re: Toejam Lake

Post by justm »

Thanks for the report, that lake is getting very popular. Nice to hear you got some solitude.
toejam
Topix Acquainted

Re: Toejam Lake

Post by toejam »

Nice. Although I love the name, I prefer Leopold Lake just up the hill.