recreation dot gov cancellation process

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

recreation dot gov cancellation process

Post by SSSdave »

I just cancelled an Inyo NF wilderness permit reservation via recreation dot gov that is a bit of useful information I'll pass on.

My reservation was for Shepherd Pass this coming Friday July 29 that I decided to cancel this afternoon and make plans for somewhere else. Italy Pass out of Pine Creek had a single opening for Thursday July 28 amongst a string of fully reserved days. Thus began the recreation dot gov process for that permit however the system noticed I already had the conflicting Shepherd Pass permit reserved for 7/29 so stopped that process after the itinerary stage. Thus opened another browser window going into my account and opened up the Shepherd Pass permit details that has a cancellation button that routes one through several windows until a cancellation is complete and a confirming cancellation email is sent out.

With cancellation completed I moved directly to the other browser window that then accepted moving into the shopping cart process. That completed, then received another email for the new reservation. Note there is no refund for cancelling however per above it does then allow one to make requests on the former dates.