Maverick's 2016 Annual HST Meet-up

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Maverick's 2016 Annual HST Meet-up

Post by maverick »

Sadly, I won't be attending. The house I've been renting for 16 years is being sold and I need to secure a roof over my kids head. I will need the vacation time to move.
Oh man, this is a bummer to read. :(
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Rockyroad
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Rockyroad »

Jimr, sorry I won't get a chance to meet you a second time.

Mav, just me. I'm coming in from Sluggo Pass on Thursday and plan to exit over Rodgers Pass. Are people arriving Wed or Thursday?
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Thursday and Friday are the days to mingle, some folks may arrive earlier as Gazelle and possibly our group too, most may show up on Thursday, but let's wait and see what people say about it.

Confirmed members so far:
Gazelle
Rockyroad
Oleander
Maverick

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Shhsgirl
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Shhsgirl »

Husband and I are still coming, provided we can get a walk in permit for River Trail.
Bluewater
Topix Expert

Post by Bluewater »

I plan on getting there either early to mid day Thursday and heading southbound on the SHR Friday morning. Looking forward to seeing the HST crew!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Thank you for chiming in so quickly. :thumbsup:

Gazelle
Rockyroad
Oleander
Maverick
Shhsgirl +1
Bluewater

mort
Topix Regular

Post by mort »

Hi,
Me & my brother and a friend are leaving from the Postpile Fern Lake trail on July 23. See you Thurs or Friday.
-mort
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Great Mort, thanks. :thumbsup:

Gazelle
Rockyroad
Oleander
Maverick
Shhsgirl +1
Bluewater
Mort +2

Flamingo
Topix Regular

Post by Flamingo »

I'm planning to attend, assuming nothing explodes at my work that week. I'll be coming from the Isberg trailhead; entering via Isberg Pass, and leaving via Blue Lake Pass. I'm planning to arrive at the meetup spot Thursday afternoon, hangout on Friday, and leave Saturday morning. The mileage from this route looks fairly reasonable. . .via Isberg Pass: 20 miles, +6180', -3200'. Return via Blue Lake Pass: 14.5 miles, +2777', -5614'.
Gazelle
Topix Expert

Post by Gazelle »

I plan on arriving Wednesday afternoon, Thursday hike some peaks, go out Friday morning while getting forester and Ansel Adams peaks then to twin lakes or there abouts maybe further but who knows then all the way out via San Joaquin, two teats ridge back to car. Oh course that is if all goes as planned which almost never happens to me!
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein