Night Hiking?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Aeropilot
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Night Hiking?

Post by Aeropilot »

Mt Whitney Trail by (full)moonlight is an experience not to be missed! So much glowing granite you almost forget it's night ... winds can be brutal though, had to turn around just before Trail Camp once as one of our group was too lightly dressed. The sunrise from the trail was amazing nonetheless.
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Night Hiking?

Post by Cross Country »

One time it rained all day and I was in my car. Therefore we starte late to meet up with Lee and Wendy. We were hiking in the dark and I was talking to (Saint) Diane and a voice ahead of us said "I know who that is" I said back "I'll bet you don't" and she said "Tom Carter". It was Wendy hiking with Lee and they were hiking out in the dark because of all of the rain for 2 day. We camped at a lake "illegal to camp" but it was dark and what's ya gonna do. The next morning a ranger came by before we left our campsite but didn't ticket us because he had sympathy for our plight.