Mt. Whitney

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
tomcat_rc
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Mt. Whitney

Post by tomcat_rc »

Saturday was ideal conditions and beautiful weather for a summit. 4 of us started at 4:20 via MR - Rick Graham caught up to us around Clyde Meadow and joined us for the hike.

everyone made summit - me for #19. went down via main trail. I was first to lay down a glisade track in from the bowl at trail crest. made it back to car at 7:15 - so a little under 15 hours round trip

I will post pictures later when I decide on new photo web hosting site.
mountain hiking is addictive:
I can quit anytime I want - I just choose not to want
ridgeline
Founding Member

Post by ridgeline »

Good job Tom! I thought you were doing the MR next week.
tomcat_rc
Topix Regular

Post by tomcat_rc »

yep - next Saturday I am joining Rachel for a day of R&R - I will miss hiking with you all then but will try and join Sunday's traverse hike.

if we are successful next Saturday - it will be #20 - one year SierraGator and I had 6 summits of Whitney in a single year - and we found time to hike other peaks also.

one of these days got to get back and try for the Quadfecta - Carillon, Russell, Whitney, & Muir - cuz I aint getting any younger
mountain hiking is addictive:
I can quit anytime I want - I just choose not to want
ridgeline
Founding Member

Post by ridgeline »

Probably wont see you next week, TrailBud and I are gonna try Snow Crown as an overnighter, Drive up Sat hike out and sleep as close to the summit as possible, finish and come out Sun.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Congratulations on #19! And good luck on #20! :D
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;