Is Lamarck Col Too Much For Us

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
jawcar
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Re: Is Lamarck Col Too Much For Us

Post by jawcar »

maverick wrote:you can see the passes location on the ridgeline compared to where the small lake is at the bottom of the photo taken on Google Earth.
Thank you again for your reply, Maverick. It makes sense to me that it would be as far left as you and Mike indicate. And google earth shows a use trail descending to the west from that point.

Now if only I could have a good report of the condition of the snowfield right before we set out....
Hobbes
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by Hobbes »

6/1/2016
Follow the converging lines to the pass - boot tracks and ski run. This corresponds exactly with Mike M's yellow line just to the right of the "mini Muir hut" shaped rock. Bonus: you can see the same pyramid shaped rock in the foreground, as well as jumble of rocks on the left at the start of the ascent in both photos:

jawcar
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Post by jawcar »

Hobbes wrote: the "mini Muir hut" shaped rock
Great description! Thank you for chiming in.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Jawcar,

Just finished putting this together, hope it helps: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=14623
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org