Marble Mountains, May 1-4

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
cunningkeith
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Marble Mountains, May 1-4

Post by cunningkeith »

I just finished three nights in the Marble Mountains (Northern California, just north of the Trinities).

In case you're interested in the conditions for this part of the Klamath Mountains, I thought I'd share.

The trails were 60-70% snow-free, The lake basins were still holding 4-5 feet of snow.

Here is the full report
http://www.oregonhikers.org/forum/viewt ... =8&t=23764
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Marble Mountains, May 1-4

Post by maverick »

Hi Keith,

Thanks for sharing your TR, pictures, and conditions update, also really liked the paw print photo's, and the one with the bear 100 miles away. :unibrow:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Ikan Mas
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Ikan Mas »

Thanks. I've always wondered what the early season looks like.
BakoGal
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BakoGal »

I was wondering how the area was since the Big Burn of 2014. Thank you for sharing your adventure.