Wandering Daisy is a fraud!

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
balance
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Wandering Daisy is a fraud!

Post by balance »

Greetings
Yep, you read that right. Through my superior sleuthing skills and with "remarkable deduction", I've determined that Wandering Daisy is actually four or five people who've pooled their backpacking knowledge, and represent themselves with one, online virtual identity.

I mean, c'mon. There's no way one person could know all that. I'm fascinated by the wealth of knowledge and all the good advice. It is amazing how practical her suggestions are; it's the kind of stuff that really works! I've been doing this a while myself, and it's obvious that she has a tremendous amount of hands on experience in the high-country. No way all that info comes from just one person.

OKay, she was a NOLS instructor. That's classic. solid credentials. But she's "just a girl". How could she have walked all those miles, and caught all those fish, in one lifetime? I'm thinking four, five people (minimum) to accomplish all that. Meanwhile, I'm going to keep reading all the posts from the Wandering Daisy (group), and keep learning really practical ways to get around in the high-country.

As for absolute, scientific evidence, I challenge Wandering Daisy to post on this forum, and prove that she is only one person. There, see what I mean? In conclusion, for all the useful information they provide on HST, I would like to thank the "Wandering Daisies".

In my next investigative report, I reveal how Rogue Photonic is actually a computer nerd who sits in his basement taking stories from backpacking chat groups, and rewrites them as his own trip reports. You won't wanna' miss it.

Peace.
Tom_H
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Wandering Daisy is a fraud!

Post by Tom_H »

I know you are being tongue in cheek, but just to let you know, I have not only met her, I have had dinner at her house. I have a copy of her off trail guide book to the Wind River Range and a very good friend of mine backpacks with her sometimes. Though she may seem bigger than life, she is quite real!
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent

Post by Wandering Daisy »

Tom is too kind. I am just old and lucky. I have been climbing and backpacking since 1966 so should know a lot by now! And lucky that through the years I have had good health. Lucky that I could retire early and spend lots of time in the mountains. Lucky to have a husband who does not mind that I am gone weeks at a time. Lucky that when I started it was a golden age of organized clubs- Spokane Mountaineers, U of Wash Outing Club, U of Wyo Outing Club. Great mentoring for a beginner. Lucky that I got into NOLS at its beginnings, before it became a bit too expensive for most people. Lucky that I have not got myself killed by some of the stupid stuff I did as an invincible 20 something. Lucky that I had a job opportunity that brought me back out west so I could explore a new range, the Sierra, the perfect mountain range for the elderly, the gentle wilderness.
balance
Topix Regular

Post by balance »

Hmmm. Maybe there's a few glitches in my theory?

Wandering Daisy, it is very helpful how you take the time to provide detailed, practical answers for so many people's questions. Thanks again, and keep up the good work.

So I've got a new theory. You must at least have a twin sister, right? That's gotta' be it. The "Twin Sister Theory". Makes sense to me. :retard:

Peace.
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

But I am a computer nerd who isn't lucky enough to have a basement. :D

I need to get back on those reports but my schedule these days is really busy and it's tough to get anything like that done.
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent

Post by Wandering Daisy »

Rouge is really not Rouge. Norman Clyde fell into a worm hole to the present and is quite shocked who he ended up as, but heck, who cares he says as long as he has a second shot at exploring the Sierra. The computer geeks in the basement are just the wee gnome helpers. One is pretty good with a camera.
balance
Topix Regular

Post by balance »

Well of course! RoguePhotonic is actually Norman Clyde. That explains everything. Remarkable deduction, Wandering Daisy.

No wonder Rogue's pictures turn out so well; he carries five cameras! I'll bet if we peeked into his backpack, we'd find a hammer and anvil for fixing boots, and of course, hardbound copies of The Odyssey and The Iliad, in the original Greek.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

balance wrote:Well of course! RoguePhotonic is actually Norman Clyde. That explains everything. Remarkable deduction, Wandering Daisy.

No wonder Rogue's pictures turn out so well; he carries five cameras! I'll bet if we peeked into his backpack, we'd find a hammer and anvil for fixing boots, and of course, hardbound copies of The Odyssey and The Iliad, in the original Greek.
Haha!
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

Most of my life I went more in the sierra than anyone I could find (500+ days). I went almost everywhere I wanted to go (fish) but compared to those two I was always just a rookie. I'm so old that I actually went on my first BP trip in 1956 but didn't get to go again until I was I was a 21 year old adult - 1964. Wandering Daisy and Rouge are truly awsome.
balance
Topix Regular

Post by balance »

Greetings Cross Country

Wandering Daisy and Rogue Photonic are indeed awesome. No doubt you've had awesome experiences in the mountains as well. I would guess that your reward for carrying a pack all those miles is that you now carry great memories of your time in the Sierra Nevada.

Peace