Above the clouds...

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
mountaineer
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by mountaineer »

It worked this time...I look forward to receiving my Lake Sabrina print!

Steven, I think the holdup is having to register with a username/password when trying to make a purchase. When using Paypal, the registration is not really necessary as all the address info is already in the paypal account. For those without a paypal account, maybe have a normal page where they can enter their order information without registering per se.

Am I making sense? let me know if I'm not! :)
SierraVisions
Founding Member

Post by SierraVisions »

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it.
Glad we got things working.
Ranboze
Topix Regular

Post by Ranboze »

Well, Im embarassed to even think of "post my looking down on clouds" pix after those awesome shots. But heck... and now fer the amateurs:

These were both taken this last weekend from the Cucamonga Wilderness, looking into the LA Basin.
Walking outside is where I find what's inside.
Trekker
Topix Regular

Post by Trekker »

Hey, all;

Great pics! I always like sunset pictures, although mine never turn out looking like that! Ranboze, love the feeling of being above the clouds, especially when it isn't too smoggy! One thing is it makes you forget that civilization starts at the foot of those mountains! :)
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by hikerduane »

Perfect pic of LA. :lol:

I took a few photos of the Sierra Valley from the Yuba Pass area off 49, east of Bassetts while snowmobiling over 10-12 years ago. It looked like something from a sci-fi movie. Neat seeing the peaks, mounds poking up out of the fog/low clouds.
Piece of cake.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Very nice! :D
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

Ranboze wrote:Well, Im embarassed to even think of "post my looking down on clouds" pix after those awesome shots. But heck... and now fer the amateurs:
These were both taken this last weekend from the Cucamonga Wilderness, looking into the LA Basin.
Hey, don't diss your shots! Yours are actually better than mine because you had to hike to get there. My car was about 5 feet away when I took mine. Mine are colorful, yours are in an awesome mountain setting with a wilderness feel. Nice composition also.
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

hikerduane wrote:Perfect pic of LA. :lol:

I took a few photos of the Sierra Valley from the Yuba Pass area off 49, east of Bassetts while snowmobiling over 10-12 years ago. It looked like something from a sci-fi movie. Neat seeing the peaks, mounds poking up out of the fog/low clouds.
You just committed the unpardonable sin! Describing the scene with no accompanying photos! Shame on you. You have less than 48 hours to post up.
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

Sorry, the offense was not on the books at the time since it was before I had a puter or knew photos could be put onto disk thingies. :\
Piece of cake.
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

There is an ex post facto law now on the books here on HST...you are busted!