Tracks to nowhere...

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
rightstar76
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by rightstar76 »

Beautiful picture. Made me want to be there right now. Except I don't know where that is. What lake is that? And what time of year? Was it taken in the morning?
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

rightstar76 wrote:Beautiful picture. Made me want to be there right now. Except I don't know where that is. What lake is that? And what time of year? Was it taken in the morning?
That is Mack Lake with Bear Creek Spire in the background. It is at the end of the Rock Creek Rd. The hike is about 15 minutes from the trailhead at Mosquito Flat. I ran up there early one morning to get the sunrise hitting the tops of the peaks. Here is another one from the same morning. It was in early-mid October a couple of years ago.

Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

Those are some great captures Jody! Your still using film?
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

Hikin Mike wrote:Those are some great captures Jody! Your still using film?
Yes, until they pry my film camera from my cold dead fingers.
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

mountaineer wrote:
Hikin Mike wrote:Those are some great captures Jody! Your still using film?
Yes, until they pry my film camera from my cold dead fingers.
If it still works then why not. My film Minolta X570 quit working, repaired, broke again, repaired again and I finely decided to get a DSLR Canon 300D and I really love it now.

I really wasn't "serious" until I bought the DSLR. Much easier on the pocket book!