Hikin' Mike....

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
Hikin Mike
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Hikin Mike »

Thanks everybody!
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

Find your place Mike and don't look back. It's always a struggle and is never easy as we all have our precious experiences as memories. I've been there myself having to live almost all my adult life with a cruel physical limitation that forever changed my goals and ambitions afterward. Life of course isn't fair. It doesn't seem to matter how good or evil, rich or poor, fit or unfit, deserving or unworthy we are, fate just happens seemingly by chance. For any of us one minute we might be healthy and the next crippled, a vegetable, or dead. Anyone that drives highways knows how real that possibility is. In the end, even if we manage to remain healthy, there are only a few decades that any of us are in the prime of life that we might enjoy the physcial nature in our world. Though our lifetimes seem long, they are a mere moments in the vastness of infinite eternity. An eternity of nothingness or possible salvation for those that seek His gift that we celebrate tomorrow. ...David
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

SSSdave wrote:Find your place Mike and don't look back. It's always a struggle and is never easy as we all have our precious experiences as memories. I've been there myself having to live almost all my adult life with a cruel physical limitation that forever changed my goals and ambitions afterward. Life of course isn't fair. It doesn't seem to matter how good or evil, rich or poor, fit or unfit, deserving or unworthy we are, fate just happens seemingly by chance. For any of us one minute we might be healthy and the next crippled, a vegetable, or dead. Anyone that drives highways knows how real that possibility is. In the end, even if we manage to remain healthy, there are only a few decades that any of us are in the prime of life that we might enjoy the physcial nature in our world. Though our lifetimes seem long, they are a mere moments in the vastness of infinite eternity. An eternity of nothingness or possible salvation for those that seek His gift that we celebrate tomorrow. ...David
Thank-you David. I too used to be in the USAF (ATC Radar Maintenance) and I used to be an Electronic Technician and then an Engineering Tech!
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

I think Mike's "place" is to be an incredible inspiration and encouragement to all who know him. I haven't met him in person but I have talked to him a few times by phone. The last time was just a couple of weeks ago. You could not tell from the conversation that he had anything wrong! His spirit and complete lack of complaining about his situation were awe-inspiring. Here's to you and your precious family Mike!
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

....His spirit and complete lack of complaining about his situation were awe-inspiring.
My wife will says otherwise! :eek:

Truth be told...I have my moments! :D