Is there a Elizabeth lake trailhead to Nelson lake in yosemi

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
overheadx2
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Is there a Elizabeth lake trailhead to Nelson lake in yosemi

Post by overheadx2 »

As usual, there are no permits available for the tuolumne area the day they are issued. I set my alert for the wrong day for a Lyell creek to sunrise to happy isles trip for my brother and his girls annual trip. I am going to try and figure out another route and possibly a walk in permit. I read a trail report about hiking to Nelson lake using the Elizabeth lake trailhead but didn't see that trailhead on the yose map. Is there a trialheD there?
LMBSGV
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Is there a Elizabeth lake trailhead to Nelson lake in yo

Post by LMBSGV »

If you look at the Full Trailheads list you will see Nelson Lake listed. When you apply for the permit, put down Nelson Lake. And, yes, the trail begins in the Tuolumne Meadows campground at the Elizabeth Lake Trail. It is located in the back part of the B loop.
I don’t need a goal destination. I need a destination that meets my goals.

http://laurencebrauer.com
overheadx2
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: Is there a Elizabeth lake trailhead to Nelson lake in yo

Post by overheadx2 »

Thank you, I saw the nelson lake listed and made the connection, but didn't know if there was another Nelson lake in Yosemite.