Spanish Needle

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
Trailtrekker06
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Trailtrekker06 »

....is your great route up Sawtooth anything like your great route up S Needle??? HAHAHAHAHAHA. j/k!
tomcat_rc
Topix Regular

Post by tomcat_rc »

hey now - I told you the route to SN was crappy once we left the PCT - you just didn't know what I meant by crappy - next time I bet you ask
mountain hiking is addictive:
I can quit anytime I want - I just choose not to want
KathyW

Post by KathyW »

nice pics everyone - mine turned out terrible, so I didn't upload them.

Those gullies were hell, but the hike was a good workout and that was what I was looking for.

I might go back and try again when I think it's dry out there, but then again I might not. I like my rock dry or with enough snow coverage to get a footing - a thin slippery layer scares me.

Tom and John - you guys did a great job getting up to the summit. I really admire your abilties.
Mtflyer
Founding Member

Post by Mtflyer »

Maybe I'll be willing to try it again in a year or two, but there are to many other peaks I would rather go for first that would be more fun for me. It would be hard to go over that same ground again to soon.

Looking forward to this weekend, the 4X4 road sounds like it's going to be fun. Always enjoy using the low gears.

Tom, I tried checking out your pics, but all I'm seeing are the captions. Is it me or is the site not working?
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

This is a great thread with great pics by everybody! I am very reluctant to click on trip report threads as I don't get out very often anymore and these threads just make me more depressed.

Oh well... :crybaby:
tomcat_rc
Topix Regular

Post by tomcat_rc »

hey Joe -
club photo has been finiky the last couple weeks - try back later and it will probably be working fine - sometimes it takes longer to load up too - I may switch when my subscription runs out
mountain hiking is addictive:
I can quit anytime I want - I just choose not to want
KathyW

Post by KathyW »

Everyone - have fun on those dusty desert roads this weekend! I'm heading up from Palm Springs to San Jacinto on Saturday and then I'm looking forward to spending Sunday with the Easter Bunny and my son.

I think my season in the desert is over, with the exception of a Grand Canyon day hike and some of the higher peaks like Humphrey's in Arizona, Wheeler Peak in NV, and Montgomery/Dubois in the Whites.

If anyon is interested in Montgomery or Dubois over the summer, let me know.
madeintahoe
Topix Expert

Post by madeintahoe »

Beautiful pictures everyone! What a cool area..I love the plant life here & the rocks! Looks like a really nice adventure you all had! :)

No Snowy in the pictures :crybaby: ..I bet you all did miss her that day :crybaby:
Thank you everyone for sharing your pictures & stories...I wish I lived a bit closer to be able to do some of these hikes