TR - Whitney via Cottonwood Pass video

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
hjldennis
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: TR - Whitney via Cottonwood Pass video

Post by hjldennis »

JWreno wrote:Looks like it was a fantastic family trip with pretty cool elevation goals considering their ages. I think doing Whitney out of Cottonwood pass is the best way to enjoy it for trips under a week long. We started taking our boys on trips when they were 8 and 12. Those years were mostly Yosemite trips with much less elevation gain and total altitude. Our oldest still backpacks with us at age 32 including a northbound 2011 and southbound 2014 JMT trip. Our youngest son spends most of his free time rock climbing and only backpacks as a way to approach climbs.
Cool, I hope our kids will continue to love the outdoors when they are older. We want to do JMT as soon as I am able to get off 3 weeks, hopefully soon...

This trip would've been much better if we spent one more day. The first day was pretty tough on kids, but the rest were all good. Happy trails~
wandering outdoors and the universe
ofuros
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: TR - Whitney via Cottonwood Pass video

Post by ofuros »

Sharing your love for the outdoors...hope a little bit of nature's magic rubs off on them as they grow older & wiser. [emoji106]

Sent from my X550 using Tapatalk
Out 'n about....looking for trout.
https://ofuros.exposure.co/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;