PCT Trail Angels

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
freestone
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: PCT Trail Angels

Post by freestone »

Thanks Hobbes! One last question, any permits required from the border to Morena?
Short cuts make long delays. JRR Tolkien
edhyatt
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by edhyatt »

I'm heading out in late March to do Campo to 'as far as I get' in a month to five weeks.....then back again mid-June for the Sierras and 'as far as I get' in two-three months.

That will put me just in front of you I guess....I'll cache beer for you :D
dapperdave
Topix Acquainted

Post by dapperdave »

Ed,

I think Hobbes and Jimr did this in April 15.

Dave
Hobbes
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by Hobbes »

freestone wrote:One last question, any permits required from the border to Morena?
Jim & I didn't have permits for section A. Based on the research I did, it's either non-wilderness national forest, designated campgrounds (Lake Morena, Boulder Oaks & Mt Laguna) or state park (Anza-Borego) dispersed. There's a small finger of wilderness area further up Hauser creek, but far enough that no one would really hike up that way.

For section B, however, there are wilderness areas around Mt San Jacinto, so I'll have to pull something together if I decide to do that section.
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

Even though it was less than a year ago, It was fun re-reading the original thread. As time goes by, the pain subsides leaving only the wonder of that desert section. For many years I wanted to explore the desert on foot. This was my first real experience of it and I want more.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.