Lurkers Please Introduce Yourself =)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
austex
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: Lurkers Please Introduce Yourself

Post by austex »

LazeyDasey,
Thanks for the intro. A nice perspective on the Sierra. I tend to daydream a lot about my next trip, whenever that may be. Welcome.

And to those of you making those sasquatch sounds in the middle of the night, you can stop now, I totally know it's you. :p
Sam-quatch! Russ you can come clean now... :lol:
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by rlown »

austex wrote: Russ you can come clean now... :lol:
They're out there man!

Welcome, Lazydazey. Don't be afraid of the dark :paranoid:
Shader
Topix Newbie

Post by Shader »

Hello folks,
I just found this forum and I am pumped to start planning my next trip. I live in Southern California and I love going up near Bishop to camp and backpack.
ppolischuk
Topix Novice

Post by ppolischuk »

Howdy. Live in the East Bay, spend as many weekends in the SIerra as I can manage. I tend to alternate between very relaxing trips with multiple nights spent at the same lake and more demanding trips with fun passes and some peak-bagging. Trying to lighten my pack (in part to give me something to do between trips), and am starting to get into Tenkara fishing.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Welcome aboard Shader and ppolischuk. The more the merrier!
Izzie
Topix Newbie

Post by Izzie »

Hi Maverick, I met you and your companions around Sep 11/12? Searching for Matthew Green on your way toBanner/Ritter. I was with Shhgirl. I really love the outdoors and backpacking but need to do better at route finding and clambering over talus with a 40lb backpack! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Izzie
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hey Izzie,

Welcome to HST!
It was great meeting the two of you. I will send you my phone number via PM, let's talk about those two issues, and whatever else, will be happy to assist in any which I can. :nod:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

Welcome Izzie,
It was nice meeting you as well. :D
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
Izzie
Topix Newbie

Post by Izzie »

Jimr wrote:Welcome Izzie,
It was nice meeting you as well. :D
Hi Jimr, I couldn't remember everybody's name, nice to meet you too. Got some good advice from Maverick about negotiating talus. I was a bit traumatised 4 years ago descending frozen lake pass, my first experience on talus. This time out I felt I did a bit better but still can't float over talus like I have watched some experienced Trekkers perform effortlessly. Hard to find talus to practice on in the Bay Area! Any helpful hints appreciated. Kudos for what you and your team were doing out there!!!
Kaweah River Forge
Topix Newbie

Post by Kaweah River Forge »

Just wanted to say Howdy!!! I'm a California Native I have spent my entire life enjoying the most Beautiful mountain range in the World!!! I make custom Knives for outdoor Adventurers for a living. :D