Thank You HST!

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
markley
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Thank You HST!

Post by markley »

Just got back home to NC from our 2 week romp around the southern Sierra and just wanted to give many thanks to the HST members for helping to making our trip one of a lifetime!! While the smoke did chase us around a bit, having an arsenal of options (thanks to y'all) helped greatly! :thumbsup:

A quick recap of our trip...Onion Valley (day hiked both to GT lakes and Kearsarge Pass), day hiked South Fork Big Pine, overnight at Fifth Lake at North Fork Big Pine, day hike to Duck Lake in Mammoth Lakes, overnight at Lake Ediza, day hikes to Young Lakes and from Tenaya Lake to Valley floor (over Clouds Rest) in Yosemite, day trip up to Mono Hot Springs, and a "quick" trip to Trail of 100 giants in Sequoia Nat'l Forest before spending a day on the coast before flying back.

I'll be posting more detailed trip reports with pics soon! Just wanted to say thanks and how appreciative I am of y'all!

Also, here's to hoping that the weather changes and some rain comes to your area to help combat the fires...seems as though they got progressively worse throughout our trip.
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator

Re: Thank You HST!

Post by giantbrookie »

Glad we could be of help and that you had an enjoyable High Sierra vacation. Now you can hoist some rounds at the brewery and start daydreaming about your next trip out here to the High Sierra.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Happy to read that you all had a successful trip, was a bit woried that the smoke was going to ruin it. Looking forward to reading about your adventures to the listed areas, and seeing all the pretty pictures you took. ;)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
markley
Topix Acquainted

Post by markley »

So what is the best way to post pictures in a post?
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org