Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care

Post by rlown »

A friend of mine who retired, volunteers at the Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care center. Sent me this pic of one of their residents:
BEagle109.jpg
Evidently sent several caretakers to the doctors for stitches. He also told me it doesn't like the webcams in it's enclosure. He's kind of their tech support guy so he gets to replace what the Eagle took out.

The other rascals that take out the cams are the raccoons. Go figure.. Anyway, they're at: http://www.ltwc.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TahoeJeff
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care

Post by TahoeJeff »

They are a great organization, doing much needed work!
"A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both."

Milton Friedman
madeintahoe
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by madeintahoe »

Yes...They are indeed wonderful!..Thank you for posting this..Beautiful Eagle
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by rlown »

Ok. Here's what they're working on now. TRPA sounds like a pain to deal with in terms of the rules (and the cost).

Anyway the KMZ file is attached for a Google Earth view of the new installation:
LTWC Site Map V2b.kmz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.