NOLS Wilderness Medicine - free Kindle version

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
tomba
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

NOLS Wilderness Medicine - free Kindle version

Post by tomba »

NOLS Wilderness Medicine - free version in Kindle format (no need to have a Kindle to read it).

Seems to have a lot of useful information. For example, in the section "Nonfreezing Cold Injury" they talk about "trench foot". This is something to watch out for when backpacking in minimalist shoes in wet/cold/snowy conditions.
-- Found trash? Please pack it out. Thank you.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: NOLS Wilderness Medicine - free Kindle version

Post by gary c. »

I don't carry a kindle when I hike but a few driends do. I forwarded your link to them. Thanks for posting.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
The Other Tom
Founding Member

Post by The Other Tom »

Link shows Kindle price as $9.99. Must've been a one day only sale ?
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

The Other Tom wrote:Link shows Kindle price as $9.99. Must've been a one day only sale ?
I guess you are right because it was listed as free when I looked at it last night.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
tomba
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by tomba »

Too bad that it was only a short sale.

It is useful to read before heading to wilderness, one doesn't have to carry Kindle while out there. Since I always have iPhone with me while backpacking (useful for many reasons), I load it into iPhone Kindle app - no extra weight.
-- Found trash? Please pack it out. Thank you.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

My wife was one of the people I forwarded it to and she loaded it last night. :thumbsup:
-- Lionel Terray