Odd backpacking dreams (why? because it's a bit slow)

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Odd backpacking dreams (why? because it's a bit slow)

Post by Jimr »

I like this stuff too.

Let's put it this way, "there's nothing really out there that is as we perceive it to be". The deeper we look into what appears material, the more apparent nothing we see".
Sort of like past, and future define time, but the NOW will never be pinned down.
It's ineffable. All of it. Like the hand pointing at the moon and everybody studying the hand. We use our five material senses and try to use them to get our head around an immaterial sense of being. It's like using a sledge hammer to saw a piece of wood. Wrong tool.

To me, NOW is all there is and it is eternal and outside of time. Eternal not meaning a very long time with seemingly no beginning and no end. NOW, always NOW is all there is. Outside of time and always present. The past is merely a story regarding nows gone by and does not exist except as an idea in the now. The future doesn't exist and never did. It is a projection of past stories into the future as an idea of what could be, but still, just another story in the now.

And even now, 10 people will read this and there will be 10 different understandings of what is said.

Rajneesh once said something akin to this. "I have a thought (meaning an understanding in a spiritual sense) and I come back and 90% is lost. Then, I put it into words, and 90% of that is lost. Then, you hear it, and 90% of that is lost......so why do I talk?
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
East Side Hiker
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Odd backpacking dreams (why? because it's a bit slow)

Post by East Side Hiker »

My backpcking dreams always are of the Ionian Basin and Evolution Valley. I dream about the granite and the lack of vegetation and my dog eating my lunch while I meditated on the Enchanted Gorge.