Back to the hospital?

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
mountaineer
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by mountaineer »

Mike! Darn it! I just saw this thread and will begin praying for you immediately!

Please call me, I changed cell phones and lost your number along with the little address book I had it written down in.
Skibum
Founding Member

Post by Skibum »

Hang in there Mike!
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

I'm back. I got back Tuesday after spending 12 days in the hospital. Thet removed a small bit of infected tissue on my right knee. Wasn't that bad as I didn't need any pain meds after surgery. For the next two weeks I have a portable wound vac attached to my right knee. It's supposed to greatly improve healing, which is what I need.

My left knee is really sore since then. Getting around is really difficult. I'm unable to take my anti-inflamatory meds to help it right now. The doctor is concerned about them interfering with the healing proceesss. I've been taking Norco for pain and I may try Percocet (sp?) after my next doctor visit on Thursday.

Not sure how often I can get down here. My computer is in a room with a step down and it took my wife to help me get here. Thanks for your prayers and concerns. I'll keep you updated when I can.
Robert
Topix Acquainted

Post by Robert »

My left knee is really sore since then. Getting around is really difficult. I'm unable to take my anti-inflamatory meds to help it right now. The doctor is concerned about them interfering with the healing proceesss. I've been taking Norco for pain and I may try Percocet (sp?) after my next doctor visit on Thursday.

Not sure how often I can get down here. My computer is in a room with a step down and it took my wife to help me get here. Thanks for your prayers and concerns. I'll keep you updated when I can.
Mike,

Hope all is well with you and your healing is progressing in the right direction. Please, please, please be careful with taking the pain killers! Percocet can be highly addictive and recovery from an addiction might be more painful than your knee surgery.

I see you are from Atwater. Presuming that's the Atwater near Merced, I'm not too far from you and I'll be passing through that area this coming Friday. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. Perhaps I can relocate your computer to a different room so you don't have to step down to get to it.

Best regards,
Robert
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

Hey, Mike!

Glad to hear the surgery went well and the healing process has begun. Here's to a full and speedy recovery!

On a side note, have you thought of moving the computer to a place that's accessible for you? If your internet access point is an issue, how about a wireless router?

Take care buddy,
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
markskor
Founding Member - RIP

Post by markskor »

Mike,
How are we to give you a hard time if you can't even get to a computer?
Get well soon buddy...still waiting.
Mark
Mountainman who swims with trout
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

Thanks everybody!

Robert, I'm not 100% sure I'm going to try the Percocet. Yes, that is the Atwater notth of Merced.

Eric, I thought of moving the computer, but there isn't a lot of room in the living room and it isn't that too difficult to get down here, I just need my wife's assistance for now.

Mark, I hope we can do that hike next year, but we'll see how the next few months go. I probably won't be walking (trail ready) for at least a year.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Good to see you back, Mike! hang in there!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rosabella
Founding Member

Post by Rosabella »

Ditto on that! :thumbsup:
Randonnee
Founding Member

Post by Randonnee »

Add my welcome back to the list. You have been missed. When you are ready to get out and about we will have to have a topix gathering in your honor :D
"The distinguishing mark of true adventures, is that it is often no fun at all while they are actually happening." ? Kim Stanley Robinson