So what is on your 2011 Christmas wish list?

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: So what is on your 2011 Christmas wish list?

Post by rlown »

Some Santa's are AWSOME. congrats! Now you need some stickers for the can..
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: So what is on your 2011 Christmas wish list?

Post by fishmonger »

My Santa belongs to the awesome type - he spoiled me with a near new (he does shop for deals, too, I think) pair of alpine touring and winter mountaineering boots, and he even got the size right. What he forgot was to bring some snow, not just in the Sierra, but where I live, too. It has been a ridiculously warm December here and it will continue as far as I can tell from the forecast. The ski hills barely manage to maintain a layer of slush in a place that should have been on average 5F colder over the last 30 days, and 10F colder over the last 7 days.... There were two days with about 1" of snow this year, and that evaporated in a day.

I also got a new foul weather gore tex shell for myself from ebay - down 330 grams from my old ebay jacket. The "alien gekko" color may have been why Santa didn't want to touch it, or why the previous owner let it go unused. It's called the "Beryllium" jacket for a reason, I guess - toxic to the touch :eek: