Lost and Found = Returned

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
bluefintu
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Lost and Found = Returned

Post by bluefintu »

Hi All,
The past few years my son and I found sunglasses, two we're returned and one is still pending. It came with a phone number and I left a message. I think they maybe on vacation. My son found a watch in August on the trail, I knew that it must have been the day hikers that past us. Sure enough, I told my son we have to catch-up to the guy or gal that lost it. After an exhausting double time up hill, we found the owner. Same story about the glasses, except for the one I found last weekend. I also found a wallet, it turned out to be my friends wallet, laying on the ground at a busy gas station early in the mourning. As soon as I seen it, I was thinking lucky SOB, because I found it and was already thinking to find the owner, even before I picked it up. That was the same day my wife had her purse stolen at a school. Very weird day. So, if you guys or gals lose something on the trail, I'm on a roll finding the owners.

Don