REI dividend season is here...

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Re: REI dividend season is here...

Post by oldranger »

Yeah I know that Russ, I don't even bother to keep my receipts from REI any more. They have so much data on me (especially since they opened the store in Bend) I'm surprised they don't just start sending me stuff with a:

"we know that you will just love this ... so we took it upon ourselves to save you the task of thinking about it so here it is, and oh yes we know everything so we charged your credit card.

You are welcome!

Your friendly REI staff"

Mike
Last edited by oldranger on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by hikerduane »

I didn't get anything from them last year I guess and I don't have their card. Spent my extra cash on vintage stoves anyway.
Piece of cake.
sirlight
Topix Regular

Post by sirlight »

Just pulled the trigger on a NeoAir. My dividend of $11.15 hardly made a dent in the price, but the 20% off coupon sure did!
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

I just wanted to remind everyone that Sunday the 10th is the last day for the 20% off sale. If there is something you know that you want time is running out. The Northridge store is haveing a used gear sale tomorrow and I think some buddies and I are going to try and make it.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

I also got some Nike shoes for the gym (had to get kids size) and some workout pants.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

Went to the REI used Gear Sale this morning and even tho everything that I had my eye on before the sale started was gone by the time I got in I still managed to do pretty well.

1 pair Atlas Electra Snowshoes (womans) Reg price - $140 Paid - $30
1 pair Outdoor Research Gortex Gaitors Rer price - $69 Paid - $22
1ea Petzl Tikka Plus 4 LED Headlamp Reg price - $30 Paid - $5
Reg price total - $239 actual total register - $57
Paid $15 out of pocket after dividend credit!!

It does not look as if the snoweshoes were ever worn. The only thing that looks like it was ever used are the gaitors and they are still in perfect condition. I couldn't take advantage of the 20% discount on any of these items but I did get 20% off on a new element for my water filter.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
Carne_DelMuerto
Topix Expert

Post by Carne_DelMuerto »

I ended up buying some permethrin and a Harrison Mono Divide map. After the kid went down for his nap, I spent an hour on the sunny porch studying the map and daydreaming about the high Sierra and dead mosquitoes.
Wonder is rock and water and the life that lives in-between.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Gary, great deal!

I'm getting permethrin too, my bottle is old, and with the amount of ticks I've seen lately, I'm bathing in it! My friends are getting embedded ticks and going to doctors to get it checked to be safe!
Crawler
Topix Acquainted

Post by Crawler »

$4.17 for me. :nod: