No more backpacking! What next? | High Sierra Topix  

No more backpacking! What next?

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.

Re: No more backpacking! What next?

Postby hikerduane » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:45 pm

Dave, my neighbor called a little bit ago, I work out of town, so with the snow camping over the weekend, I did not make it home. She said we received 3' or more, on top of the week befores 22". We're buried too. Plus, our snow plowman injured himself, so our private road did not get plowed all the way thru. We're scrambling for help.
Piece of cake.

hikerduane
Founding Member

Experience: N/A

Re: No more backpacking! What next?

Postby Hikin Mike » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:23 pm

I'm starting to realize that backpacking, for me, is a thing of the past. I haven't given up (yet) on backpacking, but since I can't bend my knees, it's going to be tough. Last season I hiked up to May Lake with my wife and youngest daughter. It took me a few hours up and another couple hours to get back....but I did it. Adding a backpack....not sure if I have the time to get to the places that I used to do.
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Experience: N/A

Previous

Return to The Campfire