pure spirit

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
mokelumnekid
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

pure spirit

Post by mokelumnekid »

This doesn't have any Sierra footage so I'm posting in Campfire. This has been making the rounds in boating circles- better than strong coffee, especially when played loud- powerful finish too. If you want to hard-boot your day have a shot of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVT6QsRDt_M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
quentinc
Topix Expert

Re: pure spirit

Post by quentinc »

Forget the coffee. After watching that I need a stiff drink. ;)
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Cross Country »

That was absolutely incredible and I'm not given to hyperbola.
mokelumnekid
Topix Expert

Post by mokelumnekid »

Agreed. My wife who is one of those people who is naturally and deeply identified with athletics (she is a rower, black belt, ace climber, runner, etc.) broke into tears watching it. These guys are pretty cool, have a good perspective on all this without much of the ego tripping.

Some of the people in this clip are also in the one I posted earlier on the descent of West Cherry Ck., posted over in the 'Other Wicked Sierra Nevada Sports' forum.